BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Complaints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...They really get me down.

I like doing nails and try to build my skills and improve all the time. I have been in the biz about a year and a half. I have come a long way.

But they still occasionally happen.

sigh.

Just came to vent.

The learning curve for this career has been steep for me and I kinda thought I was past this a bit.

Let me just say that if you are new, you will have to get a thick skin. Mine is a little thicker but I guess not enough, haha.

Thanks for listening!
It's hard when it happens. I'm just jumping back in after being out for 5 or so years. I've found myself obsessing over every little thing & then it takes me double time & I finally had the worst day time-wise last week. Glad when it was over as I was so grouchy!!

Big Grin Big Grin
I'm going to have to get some tough skin. I let everything bug me. I am one the worries non-stop. It drives my husband nuts. But I can't help it.
I know what you're going thru but it's something that has to be gotten past...*sigh*....you've got to look at where you are now and how much you've progressed from where you started. If you feel like you keep improving, then you're on the right track. Speed isn't always everything, but being OCD doesn't help either. One thing I learned that MY eye is trained and THEIRS is not. You've got your face right there and you absolutely see all the flaws, but I'm willing to bet most of them don't. That little detail you're obsessing about,....they might not even be aware of. I've found that to be true over the years. Give yourself a break and some credit......you'll do just fine. (((hugs)))
I agree with Donna. Being in this industry you have to have tough skin. My skin used to be super thin. I was obsessing over the nails not looking the way I thought they should and still to this day I'm a super perfectionist, but my clients are like "What are you seeing that I'm not? They look fine to me?" That's when I back up and say ok...Martine you are obsessing...again lol You're going to get complaints and you're going to have days when you are over it. Just keep practicing and keep going. Trust me...you'll get better and tougher. Smile
You know what? You're doing God's work, I say. It's a blessing to be able to offer clients beauty and care for their hands and feet. Some people like to complain no matter what. Just keep your chin up, and yes, the thick skin is a small necessity in this Industry, keep doing what you're doing, I know your clients are lucky to have you because you CARE.

<3
Be grateful that clients are giving you feedback. You can never improve if you don't know where to make changes. Complaints are just opportunities in disguise.

I see your being upset/frustrated as a sign that you care. That is great!! When you don't care what people say you become callous. Nothing wrong with feeling that way at first. Learn from what someone said so you know where and what to improve on and let it go. Even seasoned techs need improvement. Nothing and no one is perfect. When you quit learning, well lets just say there isn't a reason to live.

Glad you felt free to vent on here and hope you feel better now! :wink:
Thanks for the words of wisdom and kindness guys.

Ironically today was a major compliment day, from picky/unusual sources too, clients I did not expect them from. That was pretty cool.

The biggest thing is, I really appreciate critique as I'm going, so I can correct things as needed right then and there. What drives me nuts is people who say nothing at the time but then call later to say they didn't like something.

Anyway thanks again everyone! It's nice to have like-minded peeps to talk with this stuff about.
We continually learn, we are continually practicing and there is always room for improvement. Complaints after the fact can be frustrating, but treat them with a grain of salt, and let customers know you are there for them. It's good that they are calling and giving you an opportunity to make them happy. Better that, than for them not to call, never come back, and then go complain to their friends.
nailgirlerika :
> We continually learn, we are continually practicing and there is always room
> for improvement. Complaints after the fact can be frustrating, but treat them
> with a grain of salt, and let customers know you are there for them. It's good
> that they are calling and giving you an opportunity to make them happy. Better
> that, than for them not to call, never come back, and then go complain to their
> friends.

Thanks Erika, your bring great insight to the table. Smile