BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: How did you bling out your UV lamp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to decorate my UV lamp and I'm just looking for some ideas! Thank you so much for sharing.

sobeit

Funny you ask, I brought mine home this week. I am going to paint mine pink and black zebra stripes or maybe Cow or leopard print with glitter. I did this to my sanitizer tray, using acrylic paints and then sealing it with Matte, Gloss or Shimmer Mod Podge Big Grin
That is a great idea. Before you know it they will start selling them that way.
Sobeit, What kind of paint do you use? The modge podge is like a white glue? does it not get sticky? Can you send pictures of yours? I have seen your work and you are very talented Big Grin

sobeit

I will upload a pic as soon as I finish. And mod podge is like a glue but it's also a sealant for pretty much anything. It will glue things down as well so you can use it under and over glitters Big Grin it wii dry clear. My ornaments, nesting dolls, my old lamp and then my current disinfectant tray have all been sealed with the gloss or luster, they are not sticky once dry. I use regular acrylic paint like plaid and folk art.
Love your web page Sobeit! I'm guessing you are into TrueBlood? I read all the books years ago and read the new one every year.

sobeit

I love very night dweller. Most paintings of people are based on JR Wards novels. I am without a doubt a True Blood addict! Vampires are my favorite though and I think that's why I have so many in my gallery. Thank you for the compliments you guys. Big Grin
I've read all the JR Ward books. Right now I'm reading Laurell K. Hamilton.

Can't wait to see your pics!
Thank you Sobeit for the great idea, could you post pics of the other stuff you have done well we wait for pics of your lamps. You girls are so artistic I am jealous :lol: :lol: :lol:

sobeit

If your interested in my Black Dagger Brotherhood ( © JR Ward ) fan art I have a folder in my deviantart gallery just for them. Yum. And I have a folder for my traditional art done with acrylics, watercolor, charcoals, and such. Then my favorite new obsession is my nesting dolls, They have their own folder in my gallery as well.
I have some of my ornaments I can post as I dont have those on my deviant art. Other than that I dont have items painted like UV lamps but the one I am working on. I painted a small one a while back. I put it below.
[Image: lamp.jpg]
I posted this not too long ago. I love the look of my lamp now.
I sanded my old lamp and used a gloss black spray paint and a clear spray paint and I bought those rhinestones in the scrapbook area at Michaels.

Before: [Image: Uvlampb4.jpg]

After:[Image: UvlampBling3.jpg]
WOW! You guys did a great job. I may have to play around with mine. Big Grin

sobeit

I finished my lamp and sterilizer tray, all but the sealant. Here is a link to that thread with my photos included.
http://beautytech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41731
Looking @ this & the other post makes me want to do mine... Great ideas ladies... =]
JulieM :
> I posted this not too long ago. I love the look of my lamp now.
> I sanded my old lamp and used a gloss black spray paint and a clear spray paint
> and I bought those rhinestones in the scrapbook area at Michaels.
>
> Before: [Image: Uvlampb4.jpg]
>
>
> After:[Image: UvlampBling3.> jpg]

Nice! Really inspirational. Smile