BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: what happpened to my Gelish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep all my gel polish bottles & jars in a drawer so it stays out of any type of light. I went to use Gelish Rose Garden & it was not hard but extra thick. I can't shack it or stir it. Does anyone knows what happened? I'm at a total loss.

Thanks.
Did you try calling the company?
No I haven't called. I just found it this morning when I came to work & wanted to use it. I will try that later today if I can.
MY first thought was, has anybody else got access to your stuff?
If they have, maybe someone 'borrowed' it and put it either near the UV lamp or in direct sunlight and didn't realise and just slipped it back in it's place thinking you would never know.
I'm saying all this cause unless you did it yourself and all your bottles are kept in the same place, you would think if something else had happened all the bottles would be like this not just one random one.

I hope you sort it out and find the reason whySmile
Wooshka, I am 1 of 2 nail techs. The other tech is my cousin and she doesn't do gel of any kind and wants no part of it. The hairdressers could be a maybe but they are on the other side of the salon and its a "long walk" to the nail side. They rarely come over. So I'm not sure. Its been a while since I used that color.
I cannot be 100 percent sure but I do know that if a product has nitrocellulose in it, like polish does, over time this evaporates and the product will thicken. Make sure you shake, shake, shake. And shake again..or wait for a product that is an actual gel base...such as Eco So Quick ... which in January will be in bottle form.
You mean Eco? Good to know.
I have shaken the heck out of it till my wrist hurt. I even stuck an orangewood stick in it & tried stiring it that way. I called the company & all they could tell me was that it was to close to my light. So maybe I did it and didn't relize it. I am careful on where I place my gel prducts when I'm working with it. I'll just have to buy a new one.
I just had the same thing happen to me. I went to use two different beige colors, colors I have never used before except to paint the colors on a color wheel, and both are hard and dried up. I keep mine in a drawer away from light as well. I contacted the company I bought them from but havent heard anything back. I will contact Harmony directly.
well i can tel you what happened, the products is made from polisg and gel, so the polish dried out that why its hard this has been happen to me for a while, so i switch to a new product called "GELLA" its a puregel system non solvent and it works great.
That same thing happened to me about a year ago to all 14 colors I contacted harmony via FB and never received an answer I thought it was something I did wrong, I also kept them away heat. Recently I ordered another set of Gelish, because after tryin shellec my clients wanted a wider variety of colors, this time I will keep a close eye on my Gelish if if it does the same thing Harmony will have to give me some answers this time.
nails6 :
> well i can tel you what happened, the products is made from polisg and gel,
> so the polish dried out that why its hard this has been happen to me for a
> while, so i switch to a new product called "GELLA" its a puregel system non
> solvent and it works great.

I have to correct you there. Gelish is not a hybrid product, it is pure Gel as well.

mas nails and ColleenNY The only thing I can think of is that somehow, probably during application, the product was exposed to UV light or LED light.

Also, you don't have to shake or otherwise mix Gelish, as there are no solvents to mix and the pigments stay suspended in the product.
Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Jesse

I believe Colleen said she hadn't even used the colors of Gelish that she had stored in a drawer so how could it be from the light? I find it interesting that Gelish has a little window in the bottle, where others do not. Could that be the issue? I've never had any problems with Shellac getting hard. It may get a little thicker after using over time, but that is just the way polish is, so no biggie to me.

When I was at Premiere last year I picked up a bottle of Gelish and in an automatic reflex started to shake it. The demonostrator about came out of her chair. She said don't shake that. Felt like I commited a crime. Since it is a "Gel" I wouldn't think that shaking it would be helpful at all. Would probably work better to stir it with something just like you would the pots.
idonls :
> I believe Colleen said she hadn't even used the colors of Gelish that she had
> stored in a drawer so how could it be from the light? I find it interesting
> that Gelish has a little window in the bottle, where others do not. Could
> that be the issue? I've never had any problems with Shellac getting hard.
> It may get a little thicker after using over time, but that is just the way
> polish is, so no biggie to me.

Perhaps the exposure happened while it was applied to the color wheel. All I can say for sure, is that if it hardened, it was cured somehow. The window has been designed to filter light and protect the product inside

idonls :

> When I was at Premiere last year I picked up a bottle of Gelish and in an automatic
> reflex started to shake it. The demonostrator about came out of her chair.
> She said don't shake that. Felt like I commited a crime. Since it is a
> "Gel" I wouldn't think that shaking it would be helpful at all. Would probably
> work better to stir it with something just like you would the pots.

She was probably concerned with bubbles getting in the product. Again, shaking or stirring is not necessary. But it won't cause any harm, just bubbles.
My Gelac which has no window and was definately NO WHERE near a light did the same thing. I lost like 6 out of 10 bottles! I went through them and they were all "crustified" and hard. Yikes! My Eco is still going strong though.
nails6 :
> well i can tel you what happened, the products is made from polisg and gel,
> so the polish dried out that why its hard this has been happen to me for a
> while, so i switch to a new product called "GELLA" its a puregel system non
> solvent and it works great.

Your posts are nothing but sales pitches and that is not allowed in this forum. I have looked and every one of your posts is about some product you are OBVIOUSLY selling. If you'd like to sell a product, buy some advertising. :roll:

Erika_in_Boise :
> >
> Your posts are nothing but sales pitches and that is not allowed in this forum.
> I have looked and every one of your posts is about some product you are OBVIOUSLY
> selling. If you'd like to sell a product, buy some advertising. :roll:

Wow, Erika. Chill out!! She is just sharing what she likes. That is what this board is about. I talk all the time about how much I like Shellac or other products. There is nothing wrong with doing that. No need to be rude. And she has never said to contact her if you want to buy something, so technically she isn't a selling anything. There are plenty of others on here that push their products, so if you are going to say that to one you have to say it to all of them.

I believe that Debbi has said there is nothing wrong with suppliers talking about their products on here, anyway.

sobeit

Actually Cheryl, I said something in another thread to nails6 about the constant repeat posts on where to go buy this new gella. Trust me too some of us, 14 posts in a little daily window can become annoying. It's several sales pitches and once is enough really. You saying you like shellac would get to be too much too if you never said anything else and did nothing but tell us where how or why to get it. Just saying. It's great to love a product but there is a line between telling and pushing. I do agree this board is open to all, so Erika has the right to say she is annoyed, right?

Hmmmmm, guess I've missed all those posts nor do I remember her saying buy it here or there. I do see a whole lot of other people saying buy this and buy that over and over again and no one says anything to them about it.

Yes, you can say it annoys you, but there is a way of saying it without being rude. And IMO what she said was more rude than the other posting about a product over and again being annoying. But that's just how I see it.

Stepping back now for the lashing........ :wink:

sobeit

We all have a reason why we say something. Usually not out of meanness but irritation when it comes to the forum. I have seen my fair share of rude behavior, but we have to also realize that when someone says something, there is usually a reason behind it. There are people who come on and comment about "buy my goods." Just not 14 times in a day, in several threads, or 3 times in a row in one.
Erika_in_Boise :
> Your posts are nothing but sales pitches and that is not allowed in this forum.
> I have looked and every one of your posts is about some product you are OBVIOUSLY
> selling. If you'd like to sell a product, buy some advertising. :roll:

Erika, I'm sorry that you belive that sales pitches are not allowed here.. that is absolutely the furthest from the truth.. the forums are "open territory" and there is no fee for you techs or the companies to post in reference to any/their product here in the forums.

I ask but one thing here.. professionalism, no flame throwing, name calling, swear words, no more no less.. and as a matter of fact ENP, the manufacturer of Gella, does pay to advertise.

The poster has been contacted and understands the err of their ways last night.

Forgive any typos my glasses broke and I;m waiting for the acrylic to set up good and hard before I try my repair out.
My Gelish was NOT exposed to UV lights of any kind. When doing the color wheel I'm extremely careful about where I place my bottles. And my Gelac all did the same thing and they don't even have a little window on the bottle.
Its a solvent issue and as someone else said, the same problem with polishes and getting thick.

There are very few bottle gel polishes that are solvent free. Akzentz has been working on their 100% quickly soaking off gel polish for a few years - Luxio. It comes out this week (or next week, waiting on shipments).

No one has really discussed it perhaps those drops that go in polish as you use it to help keep it from getting thick will help, if you decide to get a new jar. Those only work if you drop a bit each time you use it. Then shake shake shake. No fun.
same thing happened to one of my glittery gelish colors. only one bottle and i have about 60 bottles. strange.
I had the same thing happen to me with a brand new pot of bio sculpt and it was never near the uv light.... Bio would have a bar of me and said it was my fault but I swear It was never near the light..........
I would love to try Eco but they wont send any sample pack to Australia....maybe a good thing as the bottle would be ssoo much better
Pages: 1 2