BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Sally's has Gelish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got the new Sally's flyer and it looks like they now carry Gelish. Except they are mini bottles. $29.95 for the mini intro kit. $9.95 for the .3 oz bottles. Is this a good price?
Many threads on here in regards to this. Sally's has had Gelish in for almost a month now.
Oh yeah, they even have a mini light for $14.95
Well so sorry for posting old news. I just got the flyer in the mail today.

sobeit

I don't like the term old news, so I will just say if your interested in the way everyone felt about it, search the forum for the threads on this topic. One was closed but you can still read it. For those who just now are finding out, I think you will get helpful info from the other discussions, and for the rest of us, it's time to move on. I hope.
Those also are sales prices, the lamp is $19.99 and the polishes are $14.54. I need to look at my flyer and if the are in fact $10 I'm going to get some.
You said they are minis? The previous post I read said they only saw full size. That's good if they did come out with a smaller "touch-up" bottle. Price wise, the bigger the bottle, the better your cost.

sobeit

Gelish at Sallys was always the mini .30 oz bottles.
Ok Ladies,
I went into Sally's yesterday to look at the Gelish. They very mini and for us they are 12.95. Base is 18.95. I have to admit I bought two gel polish to try and see what they are like. I'm so tired of buying products and they turn out to be a waste of money. I think the light was 19.95. But it look like you had to hold it. My sally's does not have this on sale. Must be different parts of the country.Oh and they are a lot smaller then the Shellac polish.

sobeit

Gelish Minis are .30 oz while Shellacs Full size are smaller coming in .25 oz bottles.
I don't come to these boards every day so when I received the NEW Sally's flyer, I assumed this was new news. Especially since they had NEW all over their ad. I really didn't "think" to search this since it was NEW to me. Believe me, I have used the search button on here many, many times. Didn't know Sally's selling Gelish was all the rage to talk about on here. I guess any time I have something to say on here, I better search it before hand so I'm not causing any of you to not be able to "move on".
janeen, i don't think anyone meant to make you feel bad in this post, it's just that the whole gelish being sold at sally's conversations we've had on here have caused a lot of bad feelings. a lot of us feel like we've been "had" by harmony, as we were told this product would never be sold to the public. so i think that if there is any sort of bad vibes or undertones that you are feeling from this post it is just because of the subject, not the fact that you didn't search it, since like you said, you didn't realize it had already been discussed. Big Grin
NailsByJaneen :
> I don't come to these boards every day so when I received the NEW Sally's flyer,
> I assumed this was new news. Especially since they had NEW all over their
> ad. I really didn't "think" to search this since it was NEW to me. Believe
> me, I have used the search button on here many, many times. Didn't know Sally's
> selling Gelish was all the rage to talk about on here. I guess any time I
> have something to say on here, I better search it before hand so I'm not causing
> any of you to not be able to "move on".

Okay; first of all, there's nothing wrong with asking questions and if you honestly couldn't find the "old" Gelish threads that shouldn't be an issue. Many posters here respond with their personal opinions and maybe sometimes they come off as harsh or strong (lord knows I'm guilty of it too). But don't let that scare you off or make you hesitate to ask questions at all here, too bad if someone reacts or it rubs them the wrong way, they'll just have to deal with it and do that "moving on" personally themselves. There is way too much infighting going on on BT right now....way, way too much and honestly it's getting old; this Site shouldn't be about "oh, I'm going to get sassy because you don't agree with me or you put up a link, or how dare you, you asked something about a product I don't like blah blah blah"....(and note, that I'm speaking in generalities folks..generalities).

C'mon ladies and gents...we are better than that, no?

Knowledge is power; so keep asking. Smile

sobeit

I don't see anyone being rude in this thread actually, so I don't want you to take it so personal. I put up a thread on orange peel callus removal treatments to be told quote "that's old news". However it was new to me. This is why I said I don't like the term old news. And I didn't say use the search as much as just go un a few pages to catch up on what was said. Not that you should have already done that. But more like if you want to see what was said.
And yes I so agree, there is a lot of negativity on this forum lately. I also tried to bring that up in another thread because I frankly get sick of reading how much everyone hates everything. From Gelish, to OPI to colors to the reality show, to who buys what. But I got told off for mentioning we need to get more positive here. We as a group who are constantly making negative comments are turning this forum off, for old and new members. If we look around there are just a handful of us even talking anymore. And yes I have had my share of defensive replies, or argumentative responses to someone else. But my intention is never to start an argument, or make a tech feel bad. What I think so many of us do is read to much into what's written. I'm just as guilty as the next, which will determine the tone of my participation. But I am so sick of all that, that I have changed my approach. I am no longer interested in reiterating all my feelings so I think it's best just to be polite and not get into silly banter anymore. It makes us all look bad.
I get opinionated too indeed I am the first to admit it. And yes, when the "fat Americans" line came out I had a heckuva lot to say LOL. I just think we need to take the Threads back to what it's all about here on BT. I myself am "newer" to the Industry but there are people here just barely starting school or are looking into school, and if we "fight" all the time, we might lose future Techs for the Industry as well as more, newer, equally valuable members here.

Even if it's old, even if there are 1000 threads..let people ask stuff. It's good for all of us, really, somebody someplace might bring up a new angle on something that we can all benefit from. And I'm sorry to say, I'm starting to like Gelish somewhat...very somewhat, myself. Sure, it feels like a sell-out but ya gotta admit, pigmented gel holds up way way better, than polish blended with gel. They're onto something huge there.
First of all, I want to apologize for getting snippy.

I have to admit that when I responded to this, I was pissy anyway because of a girl at work and then I've been known to take text messages the wrong way too. I HATE negativity!

I come on here in waves. Sometimes I'll do it for days in a row and then not come back for a couple of weeks. I guess I've always hated reading posts from people on here (mostly newbies, which I am not) asking questions and people respond with "do a search.... we've already discussed this 100 times.... such and such and such." So, when it happened to me, I got mad. It's not worth my energy to even be mad over trivial things. I like to come here to read what other techs are doing, ask questions, answer questions, etc.

sobeit, I took your first response the wrong way. You and me usually agree on things and I like your wit.

Ok, we can resume posting... I'm getting down off my high horse! LOL

sobeit

No problemo girl. It happens to me too. I could have worded it better that if you wanted to read the thread it was just a page or two away. Which is what I meant anyway. Big Grin
:wink:
Suzanne :
> I might regret this, and probably will...... This post I might delete.....
> Ek, I hate posting on here anymore, but I am Gunna do it.....
>
> Ladies, I know GELISH rocks, how's it goin?
>
> Jeez, don't land blast me......
>
> I just know GELISH was the first, And best.

Well, I like it too. You can't scoff Quality. There..fire away ladies lol.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think what bothers me the most about the whole "Gelish" thing is that in the July issue of our trade magazines the ad still reads, "Sold ONLY to licensed nail professionals". Really?? I don't care what size it is, it isn't ONLY sold to licensed nail professionals anymore.......period.

Then I also noticed that Orly has come out with their line of gel polish that is sold at Sallys also.

I guess it is inevitable that this is going to be available to the public no matter what company it is because it is the hottest, newest thing. So like anything else we do they can buy it or something similar to it at the stores. We just have to rely on those who don't want to take the time to do it themselves. My gosh, how many times have I heard my clients say, "I don't want to mess with my nails at home" or "I'm not going to polish my nails, that is what I'm paying you for".

But Harmony needs to quit lying by telling us that it ONLY available to licensed professionals when it isn't.
I really don't worry too much about clients being able to buy things themselves. They pay me to for it for them. The ones that are sitting home doing their own nails won't come to me anyway so why should I care? If they want to spend the amount of money it would take to do soak off's themselves, then they aren't paying us to do them anyway. I don't want those girls. I want the ones that don't know how, or have no desire to do their own.

I have always wanted to try gelish. Plus, I have a YN LED lamp that doesn't get much use. Poor thing is feeling neglected!
Suzanne :
> They are all launching... Every brand.

**I warned everyone about Orly, I toured their factory over 2 months ago and they told us then that their SOGP was coming. I also knew about OPI because Rob went to the same School as me for nails and he's friends with my old Teacher still. It's inevitable, you can't stop the money-making from the money-makers. Sigh.
idonls :
> Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think what bothers me the most about the
> whole "Gelish" thing is that in the July issue of our trade magazines the ad
> still reads, "Sold ONLY to licensed nail professionals". Really?? I don't
> care what size it is, it isn't ONLY sold to licensed nail professionals anymore.
> ......period.
>
> Then I also noticed that Orly has come out with their line of gel polish that
> is sold at Sallys also.
>
> I guess it is inevitable that this is going to be available to the public no
> matter what company it is because it is the hottest, newest thing. So like
> anything else we do they can buy it or something similar to it at the stores.
> We just have to rely on those who don't want to take the time to do it themselves.
> My gosh, how many times have I heard my clients say, "I don't want to mess
> with my nails at home" or "I'm not going to polish my nails, that is what I'm
> paying you for".
>
> But Harmony needs to quit lying by telling us that it ONLY available to licensed
> professionals when it isn't.

**I'm not saying this to be mean, Suzanne but...**:

Yeah, that's called False Advertising and really is a sticking point and a class-action lawsuit for those feelin' froggy: Don't think it hasn't happened before, no offense, just being truthful. Companies that misrepresent, get sued these days. There are folks out there that sue just to sue and make the bucks, and lawyers that specialize in catering to just those types....

:Confusedhrugs::
Suzanne - I listened to the whole exchange on Nail Talk Radio with Danny Haile about Gelish being available in Sally Beauty Supply.

Can you explain what Danny meant when he answered the question Athena asked - "Is the same professional formula available to the public in the small bottles (at Sally's)?"

Danny answered "NO". I am assuming he didn't mean to say "NO", but he did. I checked the broadcast twice. I am assuming the formulation would be exactly the same, but please correct this assumption if it is wrong.

I would appreciate some clarification on his answer so that when clients ask me about this topic I have an accurate and correct response.
Pages: 1 2