BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Deb, ? please.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been noticing that once I get to the bottom of the text box, as I type the screen starts jumping up and down. Not sure what's causing it but it didn't do this before the appearance was changed here. This same thing happens when I type a long reply on F.B. Is there something I can do to make this stop?
yes I noticed that too just posting severl replies (trying deperately to get caught up this weekend..) I thought maybe it was the new connect bar at the bottom, but if you say the same things is happening at FB.. humm.. I dont really know.. it must have something to do with the code of the new bottom bar here and I did notice some changes at FB tonight also.. maybe a similar code there.. I;m going to have to look into it.. tho I think the bottom bar here is cool.. is anyone using it????
I'm using it but it seems to post the link to the thread to our FB page when you click the LIKE button. I don't really want that to happen, just in case its something the general public doesn't really need to know about.

I haven't been using the bar. Ooops forgot others can't see the url unless they join. OH well, if there is a choice I would rather have the text in the box be still and easy to type in. Just my two cents.
I don't care for the bottom bar at all; especially something that I do not have a choice to see or not. It's in my way. I have been frantically trying to remove it thinking it was something I may have d/lded inadvertantly. So much for having a larger monitor. Yeah.....I don't like it. No, sir. Not one bit.

I appreciate the intent but ....well y'know.
Nail Raising :
> I don't care for the bottom bar at all; especially something that I do not
> have a choice to see or not. It's in my way. I have been frantically trying
> to remove it thinking it was something I may have d/lded inadvertantly. So
> much for having a larger monitor. Yeah.....I don't like it. No, sir. Not one
> bit.
>
>
> I appreciate the intent but ....well y'know.

Its very simple to minimize or hide the bottom bar.. on the far right is 2 > arrows facing downward.. just click right there

I cant tell yet if that minimizes or stops the bouncing when typing a long post.. I'll have to test that later..
As a test I just removed the bottom tool bar.. the text box still was jumping on a long post.. so it's not the tool bar that is causing it.. With the tool bar there, the text box does NOT jump with FireFox, only with Internet Explorer.. looks like even tho some features I like better on MSIE, I might have to switch to FF
I've heard of FF, what would be the advantages of switching over to it? Is it less prone to virus attacks?
No, FireFox browser and Google's Chrome for that matter are most likely just as prone to attacks. The reason is the underlying coding of the web page that has been defaced in some manner with malicious code is still being delivered to you in a visual format. In other words, the browser (MSIE< FF Chrome etc) takes that underlying code, reads it and lays things out with images, decorated text, colors etc using that code - including anything harmful. While they MIGHT have more built in checking for malicious code, I do not belive that is the case.

But hang a minute,, I am checking with a friend who is an internet security expert.. ahh but he's not answering right now.. so when he does I'll let you know what he says[/quote]
OK he just got back to me and says that Google's Chrome indeed does a better job of stripping malicious code than the others.. I;m off to install it myself now Smile
great info, thanks!
update on this whole thing..

I;m not a paranoid person by nature, but I;m standing by the thought process that the MS engineers did something to make MSIE8 misbehave forcing you to upgrade to MSIE9..

I did install google chrome, HATED.. HATED it!! it was gone as quick as it came..

so MSIE8 was still acting up.. I do use FF but am logged in other a different google user there, so it makes my life horrid to keep switching back and forth from the personal to the business accounts..

So I gave in and installed MSIE9 the other day.. and while I hate it a little less than google chrome, guess what? the jumping STOPPED.. completely gone.. doesn't happen at all here now. Some other annoyances are gone now to -- heheh but because they made so many changes, there are now NEW annoyances (to me anyway).. but MSIE9 is staying.. I also now see the google toolbar spell checker stopped acting up too..

So I was right.. the floating toolbar I had installed was not the culprit.. it was the browser acting up.
mystery solved! Big Grin