BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: C Curves on Gels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you get a good C Curve on Gels? I was at the shop today and the owner who does mostly Acrylics was doing a Gel Client. She was asking me how to get a good C Curve with a gel set she was doing. She likes the Gold horse shoe forms and she was having a heck of a time. Needless to say, she didn't get a good C Curve. It got me thinking how do we get a good C cuerve with Gels? An suggestions? She was using LE Sculpting Gel and it wasn't doing well at all. I use IBD and that does OK, but Any tips/tricks on how to do this would be good.
I have seen some techs reinforce the form by placing the round sticker on the underside of the extension part of the form. This is the sticker from the center of the form that you usually throw away. This seems to help it keep it's shape better. Also, there is a tool, looks like tiny tongs or a big set of tweezers that they use to gently "pinch in" the C curve. Young nails uses it a lot. HTH?
I think I need to go see that video from Young Nails. I remember seeing along time ago. The forms that the owner has din't come with that center sticker, but Maybe We can learn from watching that video on Young nails. Does that work for Gel too though? Hmm off to go look at the video/
Here's the LE vids I learned off of:

http://youtu.be/bPLqH77dFRM

http://youtu.be/k0-a6-n48Vw
Sam Biddle has marketed some clear clips that you can use to make a C curve with gel nails. I've got them but I'm embarrassed to say haven't used them yet to see how they work... :oops: Since they're clear, the gel will continue to cure while the clamp is in place. She might have a vid of this on her web site.
Donna, do you have a link where I can get those gizmos? All I could find was a UK site. TIA!
Not Donna, but they are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.sambiddle.co.uk/main/products
I have the clear clips and they work well.

Carla Collier has a small pink pincher that you can order from her directly. Here is her e-mail: [email protected]

HTH!
I found my clear clips at Staples. They are the same ones as on Sam's website. you can also use reverse tweezers to create C curve with gels.
Just freeze cure your gel for 5 sec , pinch with your reverse tweezers and slowly place your clients finger together with tweezers to finish curing your gel. This type of service is longer and you should charge more b/c it is corrective service .
I found the clear clips at our local dollar store. 10 to a pack for a dollar. And this, of course, meant that I had to buy all 3 of the ones I found. I actually almost never use them for c curves but they are FANTASTIC to use to pull deep sidewalls down to work on your own nails.

S
Thanks ladies! I looked in my craft stuff and guess what I found some of the reverse tweezers. Never even used them because I didn't knnow how. Now I want to play with them and see how they work for that C curve with the gel.

slhallford: Hey I am in Orangevale/Folsom right on the borderline. We should meet for coffee Your pretty darn close to me!
scratchmyback :
> Not Donna, but they are at the bottom of this page:
>
> http://www.sambiddle.co.uk/main/products

Thanks for this link. I see several Items on her Site I'd like to purchase. Wink
JulieM :
> How do you get a good C Curve on Gels? I was at the shop today and the owner
> who does mostly Acrylics was doing a Gel Client. She was asking me how to get
> a good C Curve with a gel set she was doing. She likes the Gold horse shoe
> forms and she was having a heck of a time. Needless to say, she didn't get
> a good C Curve. It got me thinking how do we get a good C cuerve with Gels?
> An suggestions? She was using LE Sculpting Gel and it wasn't doing well at
> all. I use IBD and that does OK, but Any tips/tricks on how to do this would
Could someone show a video on how to use these clips ,I dont understans just looking at the picture,Thanks
> be good.
garyjon414: Check out young nails, they don't have the clips but uses a reverse tweezer thing. It's cool!