BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: A New client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok ladies I just got home frome doing a F/S Gel client,...I am so tired, she is new and young girl, under 25 I am guessing. She never had gel, I did a f/s on her with tips. It took forever to get her nail shape just right because she had just had a bad experience at an NSS salon and she was quiet picky as to what shape she wanted. Nice, but picky. Finally we got the gel on her and did a gun metal color polish french on her and a few rhinestones and she was finally done almost 3 hours later. I normally take 2-2.5 hours for a full set. Man am I tired. I let her be as picky as she wanted A) I want her to be happY b) She is a friend of the salon owners daughter and I want her to get my name out. She seemed prety happy with them. I will check back with her in a day or so to see how it is going.

Ok so now the big question she really wanted a french gel color, but we ended up doing a french polish and a thin gel topcoat over. She just doesn't want the polish to chip. I used nailites thin gel...can't remeber the rest of what it is called. But I top coated her with that. Does anyone know if that will keep her polish from chipping? This is the first time I have used it, I was sure that someone has said it works over polish. I guess I will find out pretty soon. But if any one knows let me know
Quote:Ok so now the big question she really wanted a french gel color, but we ended up doing a french polish and a thin gel topcoat over. She just doesn't want the polish to chip. I used nailites thin gel...can't remeber the rest of what it is called. But I top coated her with that. Does anyone know if that will keep her polish from chipping? This is the first time I have used it, I was sure that someone has said it works over polish. I guess I will find out pretty soon. But if any one knows let me know

Can anyone answer this question?
Hi...I see you posted this on Thursday, but thought I would answer anyway...I have had the experience that gel sealers do NOT work on top of polish... however...I think that there are specific products out there called a uv topcoat that you can put on top of polish, but have no name for you, sorry...but as my experience, ( I teach nails at a school, and my girls have tried putting the gel sealer they get in their Axxium Gel Kits, on top of polish, and after a day or so they peel pretty bad.)...the gel sealers just do not work on top of polish...hope this helps....
This is the product...
http://www.nailiteinc.com/index.php?main...cts_id=172

It is formulated to work over polish, it's a gel Top Coat, not a Sealer. I use it daily, no chipping, just a little wear at the free-edge. It really works!
Thanks Joy! This is the one I used...hoping it would work. Glad I used the right one! She still dinged her nails into her purse, because she is so darn inpatient! Lol

sobeit

JulieM, I did an experiment on a client who doesn't want to do back fills anymore, so I used white polish let it dry and then did my NSI glaze n go and cured. There weren't any chips but the white yellowed up some over two weeks. So I think I may talk her into gel polish or traditional polish for her french look. I am totally excited that she is doing some of the yummy fall browns this year instead. Love it when the choose color.
Now I must check out this nailite product. Thanks for the link Lovelylokz/
You're welcome ladies.

Sobeit, how long did you let the white dry? I've tried a sealer over polish, it was horrid....

So afraid to try again :oops:
Thanks Peggy for the tip! I may just have to use a gel polish on her, but of course that is extra, so we will see if she is willing to pay for that.
I may have not waited long enough between polish and top though. Did I mention how PICKY she is. Ugh why do I always get though clients? Lol
Oh well, better than no clients huh?
I have used Gelish top it and axxium for soak off gel top over polish with no problem as well as star nail gel as a top. Key to using it over polish is to polish thin and be completely dry or it will wrinkle or peel off.

SWIBeauty

I just bought the ibd sealer to try for this exact reason, I will post back with my results when I get the chance.