BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: How long does it take you to Shellac? Shellac help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering how long it takes you to do Shellac/Gelish etc on a new client? I did my first one yesterday and it took me 45 min. I was really worried about getting it THIN as she was going to an out of state wedding the next day...no pressure! I would like to get that down to 25-30 min. What's your average?

P.S. As long as the Shellac looks good going out the door...no wrinkles, bubbles, etc...does it mean it will stay on? Thanks!!
Speaking for myself, I complete a shellac in 45- 1 hour, but book the whole hour. Sometimes, the removal gets iffy...
25-30 minutes seems kinda short. (to me anyways)

No, just because it looks good does not mean it will last. Really, any gel product can look fantastic and not be totally cured hence product breakdown.

HTH!! Big Grin
It takes me about 35 min for a first timer and about 45-50 for a re-do. I use Mani-Q & Eco, and I file off vs. s/o. I book 1.25 hrs either way (new client consults also take time), so if they want add-ons (many do, and that can add another $5-15) I have time, plus it takes time to check-out & re-book, clean & set up for the next client, and I like a little break.

I have my clients come in 10 mins early to soak off Shellac, while I finish up my previous client. Doesn't take that long, but it allows enough time in case they don't sit right down, most have to use the restroom when they arrive, and get to soaking off.

It takes me around 40 mins to file nails, do dry cuticle removal and apply Shellac. By the time I do the rest of my steps for the manicure of exfoliation, paraffin dip and massage that fills up the hour.
I also book everyone at one hour. If they come in with no soak off necessary then it takes 45 min. Re application and soak off takes one hour.

I don't know how you'd do it faster - the prep work around the cuticles need to be so exact and the precise application - well that takes some time. If you cut those corners, then I'm sure you wouldn't have great results and wouldn't get satisfied customers.
Quote:I don't know how you'd do it faster - the prep work around the cuticles need to be so exact and the precise application - well that takes some time. If you cut those corners, then I'm sure you wouldn't have great results and wouldn't get satisfied customers.

Totally agree...it seems like a 'simple service' for some reason but its not. Ive stopped charging under 30 for it as well because of the time i know it takes to do it right.
Wow! I don't know why I was thinking that it took so little time! So I guess my time so far is good. I will keep on practicing and making sure the cuticle area is prefect...DRY cuticle work takes so much longer! Thanks for the replies!

sobeit

Quote:Erika_in_Boise :
> Wow! I don't know why I was thinking that it took so little time! So I guess
> my time so far is good. I will keep on practicing and making sure the cuticle
> area is prefect...DRY cuticle work takes so much longer! Thanks for the replies!
It takes me 45 min for removal and application, 30 min for a new application. I also don't do dry prep, I use blus cross cuticle remover, push cuticles, use my towel to buff the cuticle back and clean the goop off, use my curette to be sure all the nail plate is clean. Rinse off, and then shape the nails, and dehydrate for reapplying the gel polish.

If you know how to use an e-file.properly, with confidence and with the right bit you can save yourself some time by using that instead or along with another tool.
Hey...ya, in my opinion...you dont want to do a rush job with Shellac. Let the 'other guys'..do it that way. Our clients can tell the difference and will come to you for the exceptional service you provide them.

I always book out an hour for my appts. That is soak off, a full manicure and reapplication. But I too use a cuticle remover as opposed to a dry mani. I use the CND clear stuff... cant remeber the name..lol
When Im done..i always buff in solar oil with a gold buffer block, and then have them go scrub their nails with a brush....so, the nail is ready for Shellac.

Sometimes it does take a little longer for my frenches...only because I use 2 different colors. I apply Beau first...do my white...and then put a thin coat of Negligee over it. Its not too pink...and everyone loves it. That way, I have a base coat of pink..and I can still swipe my smile line to make it perfect...
Its very pretty!

Ok.. hope this helps you...but I wouldnt worry about your time. Hopefully you are charging enough for your Shellac manis though. Ours are 31 and 35...and we dont charge for removal if they are reapplying...

Smile