BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Tsk Tsk CND!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought most of the new colors and restocked a couple like Negligee. As I emptied what was left of negligee into the new bottle, I noticed the new bottle wasnt full. I opened the new bottles and they were about 3/4 full. Really CND??? As if your product wasnt already overpriced, your not even filling the the .25 oz bottles.
Needless to say, my supplier is getting a call on monday.

sobeit

That's an aggravating let down. You did get more in your bottle than one member. Her bottle was empty aside from the ball inside to help stir.
Is it possible that 3/4 on the bottle is .25oz as it pertains to Shellac? I don't know. What I do know is that many bottles/packages are left with empty "head space" and not filled to the top, yet contain the proper amount (in the case of Shellac, ounces) inside.

Also, was wondering if it is working out for you to pour the end of an old bottle into a new bottle of Shellac. With problems of "goopiness" and no way to thin the Shellac I would be afraid of messing up a perfectly good new bottle by pouring what is left of an old bottle into it.

I'm sure if your using Shellac quickly enough that evaporation and "goopiness" is not an issue
Ya, I agree...if you are using up your bottles quickly...they shouldnt get goopy. I always stir them up and then shake them really good. And so far....it stays thin...but I do go through my french mani colors about once a month cuz I do so many of them.

So, maybe call CND directly and address this issue? Let us know what you find out !

Oh,,, and guys..didnt I see somewhere that someone...cant remember who...had thinner for their gel polishes?? I know that I saw it in an ad or something. Look into that...because Im quite shure that it would be allright to use another lines' thinner...we swap out different products all the time??

sobeit

NSI polish pro has Renew, but I do not advise using it with other brands as these gel polishes are not even close to being equal in ingredients. You could ruin your shellac with a thinner meant for a completely different chemical.
I admit I cannot be positive it wouldn't work, but CND already said not to use a thinner with Shellac.
I go through a few colors like negligee fast enough they dont have time to get thick but its just easier to add them to another bottle so I can use more. I do have a paint shaker and that helps mix up those thicker colors like white better.
Jennie, I'm interested in your 'paint shaker'. Can you put a picture up or a link to a website that retails them. THX!
I have to give credit to Holly Schippers as I discovered this from her. Its called a Robart paint shaker. You can just google it and find them everywhere. I think with shipping it was $42 BTW Hobby Lobby does not carry them.

Do a search for it. There are several vendors who sell it. I got mine for a little over $30 for the kind that plugs in.

Oh, and I'm wondering how you can tell a bottle of Shellac is partly empty? I can't hardly see in mine to see how much of it is left after I've used it for a while. Just wondering?
sobeit :
> NSI polish pro has Renew, but I do not advise using it with other brands as
> these gel polishes are not even close to being equal in ingredients. You could
> ruin your shellac with a thinner meant for a completely different chemical.
>
> I admit I cannot be positive it wouldn't work, but CND already said not to
> use a thinner with Shellac.

Peggy I completely agree! Since each brand is a different combination of chemicals, gel + pigment, gel + who knows what kind of solvents, lacquer etc., then I would leave the thinning out unless a brand you use had a specific thinner.

As far as that shaker machine, while it is a cool idea, it is rather pricy - don't you think? We sell a really great Stir Stick that will fit in the opening of any polish, gel polish bottle allowing you to stir it! I know Debbie carries ours and another one in the BeautyTech Shoppe too.
Love my paint shaker. Got mine at Amazon.com.
Yes I love my paint shaker. Its a small price to pay with everything in this business being so overpriced. And its less messy that stirring.
I have one of those robart paint shakers but I find it is loud and clients seem annoyed with it. Do you shake your bottles as clients pick them out or do you just try to keep them all shaken and ready to use ?