BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: OT kinda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there has been some disagreement on this board lately and it has turned ugly. This morning I was blasted with an email from someone on this board who could have nicely asked me what my problem is and hey can we work this out instead of being quite mean and accusatory towards me.

I want that person to know that I spent the day in the hospital with my mother who had a heart attack this morning.

My point is that are more important things in life worth worrying about other than the pointless arguments and heated discussions that happen on this board. Go live your life and quit focusing on the negative. I could have very well lost my mother today and THAT'S what im focusing on now. If your life has no direction then, well I feel bad for you.
Colleen,
I am sorry to hear about your mom. Both of you are in my prayers tonight.
Thank you Stacy! Xo
Thinking of you and your mom.

sobeit

I love you Collen. I put a link to the prayer chain in your FB.
In no way does my situation compare to yours, but with the loss of my 15 year old beautiful lab on Friday, I too feel sick of the treatment. I hope everything goes well for your Mom and the entire family. Sending those fairies as often as I can.
First of all, Colleen, you have my prayers and support during this very hard Time for you.

Second, that's why I don't come here as much; I'm happier blogging, tweeting, enjoying my great new Job. It's so sad to see this shyte going on here. I'd hate to go down in BT history as being a crabby, cranky, mean Tech. From what I hear, the Industry can turn you like that if you let it, and yeah, I see it in my co-worker; she's 25 years in and not a nice person, by far. :/

(Sorry to take the high road, folks, but that MMA thread really turned me off; and ya know, I never bought the stuff at all, just thought it might work well for using it as a Medium for crafting, not nails on clients..but I digress).

Peace out, and of course, the in-fighting will continue, and I am not the only one who's turned off by it, by far.

Have I said something you don't like?

Then, perhaps, you should look in the mirror for once-

Oh, and a p.s. for Deb: Please delete my Profile; I don't care to be on this Site any longer. I searched and searched, but couldn't find out a way to do as much; and certainly, I'll be frank, this Site holds no more "charm" for me due to all the bitchiness, piousness, in-fighting, and hatred: You can certainly email me to confirm this if you must-

Thanks-
Cheryl! If I'm not allowed to email you back due to you blocking my emails, then please do me a favor and stop emailing me. I'm focusing on other things now. Good God. You asked me to stop several times. Can you please grow up and do the same. At this point this is harassment.
I refuse to read them anyway, but I can see the first line on my cell phone and it's clear that you still want to argue. if you are truly sorry about my mom then do me a favor and leave me alone.
Sheesh people! It just our opinions here. No reason to get bent out of shape. I understand people are passionate, but there is really no reason to tear other people up or make anyone feel not wanted here. We are all simply wanting the best for ourselves and our clients.

But you didn't stop, Colleen? This topic proves that! There isn't only one person responsible for what transpired on here in the last couple of days.

Yes, we are all passionate about what we do and the services we offer and helping each other. That is why I felt compelled to correct mis-information and stand up for myself.

I do feel bad about what happened to your mom and hope she has a speedy recovery. I would never wish anyone ill!!
Colleen,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, sending you big hugs!
We've lost lots of great techs over the years for this very thing....while I understand the need to defend one's self against wrong ideas that others might have against you, you've got to ask the question....how much does this really matter in the grand sceme of things? It's NAILS for cryin' out loud!! Will the person and you ever interact together? Does it really matter what they think of you or you of them??

Emailing someone to defend or continue an arguement is just bad business, PERIOD. For the sake of the board, people, and the loss of all techs with valuable info that have left because of this exact reason, PLEASE stop!!

I really see know no reason for ANYONE to email another member on this board privately for this. It tends to get personal when this happens and if you feel the need to defend or argue, do it right here, where we can see just exactly what the problem is and give our .02 as to whether it's really worth the arguement.....then let it go.

sobeit

Colleen, I hope today is better and instead of letting it get to you, shrug it off and wear a smile so your family can see a bright and cheery day ahead. You know where to find me if you need.
Colleen - I hope that you're mother has a speedy recovery! I lost my mom last year after two weeks in and out of surgery and a coma, so my heart goes out to you -it's so difficult!
Thank you to those who sent their well wishes for my mom. It really means a lot. Mom is still in the hospital. The stress on her heart and the fact that she has diabetes has damaged her kidneys. They are keeping her in hopes that they can get them functioning correctly again, and if not she will have to do dialysis. It looks like she will have to miss my brothers wedding on Friday as well. : ( This has been a tough week for our family, but it helps to have your kind word and prayers, along with the numerous replies on Facebook.
I apologize for bringing my drama to the boards concerning the email thing, but I was very upset and needed to vent.
Thanks again!
Xoxo

sobeit

I don't think you need to be appologising for anything, when you do something wrong, then you can feel sorry about it. So don't do that. Sometimes people need to know what it really going on, and when we need support from those I think we consider our coworkers in a way, we come here for it. It's that simple.
You deserve support, and if things are gettin weird then people can know that too.
Colleen, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending you hugs at what must be a very difficult time for you are your family.

At times like this, it does make you realise what is really important in life and what really isn't.

Try not to sweat it when you get private emails from trolls. Any person who feels the need to continually privately email other members and be nasty and push their own views because they think they are right, are self centered and not worth your energy in worrying about them, especially at a time like this.

Your mum is who you must concentrate on right now and keeping yourself strong and healthy, so you can be there for your mum.

I wish you all the best and wish your mum a full speedy recovery.
Colleen,
I'm sure they will have your mom back up and feeling good soon. My prayers are with you and your family.
If she can't make it to the wedding, maybe some family or friends have a couple laptops. Then during the wedding Mom can be Skyped. This way the person at the wedding can use the laptop like a video cam. And she can see the whole thing live from her room. I'm sure that would brighten her day. Smile
Just a thought.

Hugs

Ang-

sobeit

Ooh, Skype or web cam, why didnt I think of that?
Sorry to hear about your mom, Colleen. I hope she's doing ok.

ColleenNY :
> I know there has been some disagreement on this board lately and it has turned
> ugly. This morning I was blasted with an email from someone on this board who
> could have nicely asked me what my problem is and hey can we work this out
> instead of being quite mean and accusatory towards me.
>
> I want that person to know that I spent the day in the hospital with my mother
> who had a heart attack this morning.
>
> My point is that are more important things in life worth worrying about other
> than the pointless arguments and heated discussions that happen on this board.
> Go live your life and quit focusing on the negative. I could have very well
> lost my mother today and THAT'S what im focusing on now. If your life has no
> direction then, well I feel bad for you.
Cheryl, if you're going to email someone and give them a hard time, don't block their emails back to you so that they can't respond. That's quite immature, in my opinion. She had every right to take this public if it's the only way she can 'talk' to you. Drop it and leave her alone. She obviously has way more important things to worry about at this time in her life.
Thanks girls, you're so awesome!! Found out today that they may let mom out of the hospital for a few hours to attend the wedding. Her kidneys have improved a bit but they still want to monitor her. Your prayers are working, please keep them up! xoxoxox
I'm so glad to hear that Colleen. Big Grin
Great news! My mom is being released from the hospital today! Just in time to make it to my brother's wedding. We have been blessed by those who have said prayers and sent their well wishes! Love to you all! xo

sobeit

Thats great to hear for you all.
Sorry to hear about that, glad to read better news about your mom.

I am new to this wonderful place, makes me sad to see this situation.
I agree with "snailnails2004" comment.
Pages: 1 2