BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: what size brush do you use? what product?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was taught to do nails with a size 6 or 7 brush. I have fiddled around with bigger brushes but for the life of me I can't get the cosistency right and its just harder to work with! I am currently usingopi absolute, which is supposed to be applied a little wetter than most acrylics. I just want to see what the majority of you use/reccomend Smile small brushes are nice because that is what I'm used to, but id love to whip through the application process faster if I could.
To me a 6-7 is a bit small for doing FS's, IMO. An 8 is what I started with and I still like to use that for fills. For doing larger amounts of acrylic I like to use a 10-12. I have used bigger but I don't like the lack of control I've got over liquid saturation of the skin. I currently use Omega from Nailite which is a pretty forgiving product ratio wise. I also really like Entity for the same reason.
I know what you mean with the brushes but I have started using a 12 and loving it, cnd is the product we use
I learned product control with a size 6 brush--it's great for that. But now I want speed as well as control, so I use a size 8. I use Young Nails now (used CND for years). The 8 holds just the right amount of liquid for a nice bead for zones 2 and 3 (I can't remember the last time I used a separate bead for all three zones. Smile ).
I use the size 8 Royal Precision NSI brush and obviously I use NSI products.

I find that it is a good idea to use the brush that the company sells to work with their system (in most cases) as they have designed their brushes to hold the correct amount of liquid for the correct mix ratio and this makes life easier.

My biggest issue still after many years is trying to find a nice brush to use with gels. I just can't seem to get one that suits me.

The amount of brushes I have in my collection is not funny and when I do look at it and think about the money sitting there, it makes me want to crySad