BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: I want to work at The Painted Nail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Haha!
LMFAO when she was taking the dance lessons for her boy...She is total drama..but hey it's entertaining.
The silly immaturity of her techs?..OMG! just reminds me how happy I am working solo..
this show is a crack up for me..but again it does not take much to humor me..

I think she is cute & funny I can't wait till next weeks episode Big Grin

Has anyone seen Jersyliscious? my sister who is a tech also LOVES that show..she told me now that is drama..
I did enjoy that Show, I liked the fact we got to see a different side of her.

Yep, I've seen Jerseylicious...gah!

Crrrrazzzyyy!!

sobeit

I am happy to say that nice words so go a long way and for me to make Katie smile is at the very least am awesome thing. For her to say I should come visit the shop if I am ever up that way is very sweet of her.. There is just no reason to bad mouth a person because you find their lifestyle not appealing to you. We have freedom of speech but we shouldn't use it to attack someones character. None of the comments that were put out there in a negative light had a darn thing to do with nail services. They all had to do with how people don't liked her cussing (out of customer ears) or being upset ( like no one else ever does) and so on. I think when we see things we don't agree with, just disagree with the situation and don't hurt someones feelings with mud slinging towards them personally.
If you can't take the heat then do not do a reality show. Plain & simple.
SillyGem :
> If you can't take the heat then do not do a reality show. Plain & simple.
>

Amen.

People are entitled to their opinions in this Thread. Some are "pro" Katie and others are "anti" Katie but all in all, we're all allowed to have our opinions even if it doesn't make another person here happy or pleased; but that's what Diversity is all about. I think that taking the high road and trying to dictate how others should act or behave on BT because you might or might not "agree" with them or their Opinion, is dangerous territory indeed. At the end of the day we all put our pants on the same. Smile

Just my .02 people...not directed at anyone in particular.

sobeit

Attacking someones personal character because you don't like the show, well its rude. No one even knows this woman, so you know the saying about walking a mile in their shoes. Keep that in mind when you want to get personal. Plain and simple. Why do we have to call her names? Or be so judgmental because she isn't doing it your way?
I never said she couldn't take it. What I am saying that I did not start this thread so you could all come in and tell me your anti Katie thoughts and how much you cannot stand it. She is doing fine and I am sure she doesn't put much time into what is said here. BUT I am putting my time in here, and I started this thread to be positive about how I like the place and how I like her. There are other threads to go bash her in. Your entitled to opinions, for sure.
I came in to update MY own thread on how sweet she was to me. Not to open the doors to more I hate Katie replies.
Ohhhh I need to go catch up on my episodes..I always visit here for work related research, advice & saw this post..thanks for the reminder BT!

Time for fun..YAY!
Pure wild entertainment! love it!!!
:lol:
sobeit/Peggy

May I ask which episode are we on now?
I can only watch On Demand..I want to make sure I am caught up

thanks
sobeit :
> Attacking someones personal character because you don't like the show, well
> its rude. No one even knows this woman, so you know the saying about walking
> a mile in their shoes. Keep that in mind when you want to get personal. Plain
> and simple. Why do we have to call her names? Or be so judgmental because she
> isn't doing it your way?
> I never said she couldn't take it. What I am saying that I did not start this
> thread so you could all come in and tell me your anti Katie thoughts and how
> much you cannot stand it. She is doing fine and I am sure she doesn't put much
> time into what is said here. BUT I am putting my time in here, and I started
> this thread to be positive about how I like the place and how I like her. There
> are other threads to go bash her in. Your entitled to opinions, for sure.
> I came in to update MY own thread on how sweet she was to me. Not to open
> the doors to more I hate Katie replies.

I'm not changing my views and I doubt others will. I highly encourage you to check out her replies on Yelp or I'll be happily obliged to share them here because I care that much to let people know what "Professionalism" is. Oh yes, I absolutely do. To the inth of revealing years of bad behaviour on 'Miss K's' part. : )
I don't "hate" Katie personally. I do dislike her extreme lack of professionalism and I refuse to change my 'stance'.

We are all free-thinking Beings here, and God bless us all.

Now let's get back to Nail Life, no? Tongue

sobeit

I read the yelp reviews though and already made my thoughts known on those. I love getting back to nails. And me wanting to work at the painted nail is my nail topic of the moment. I just wanted to put a positive update on my Pro painted nail thread.. I'm not trying to be mean, but again, this was supposed to be a silly thread on what I like about the place and not about what you all don't.

Suesation: I am not sure what episode we are on. There were a few times that 2 new shows aired back to back. I'm going to guess 5 or 6 Big Grin
I find the show to be entertaining (which I'm sure it was intended to be LOL). Anything in a reality show is just that, entertaining. I do not see it as spinning a negative light on the nail industry (there's been relatively little shown actually about doing nails at all).

Anyway, while I do not agree with the strong language she uses and some of the things that goes on in the salon....something that needs to be kept in mind is that we are not seeing EVERYTHING that is going on. We are only seeing snippets that the producers want us to see. Everything else is edited out. So we're not getting the whole picture. We're only seeing the dramatic parts left in for entertainment value. I doubt a reality show would ever be created based on boring politically correct behavior for every issue or situation that arises.

it's like any other show on TV or at the movie theater. If you don't want to watch it don't put it on your TV. Plain and simple.

sobeit

Thank you Melhand, I agree, its snippets, and her language is behind the salon floor. Its not like she is cussing out clients or staff for everyone. She is in her office. How is that unprofessional? I guess no one here cusses at home, or in the break room. But whatever. Please do change the channel and I appreciate not having my fun thread turned argument on what I should like. I am only arguing against the name calling when she acts like a human being, and she is awesome with the clients we have seen so far. Its amazing to me what conclusions people will come to after a 10 sec clip of private one on one with the camera. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3