BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: after fileling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi ya after fileling i get a frill bit of nail from the bottom layer of the nail keep comming back after soaking aswell just seems to happen all the time and somtimes it is not easy to remove . so i get all the nails nicely filed then befor i know it iv got this frill from underneath any ideas please what am i doing wrong thanks for reading this oops
are you talking natural nail or once enhancements are applied.. tips no tips..sculpted free edge????

sobeit

It's pretty normal to have the enhancement or natural nail shavings up under the nail after shaping or shortening them. They are more noticeable after washing and that's common. Your not doing anything wrong. I just use my efile just under the free edge of the enhancements to clean that off, or I use my pusher to clean under the nail and I take my buffer and gently flick upward to get the shavings ( frilly edges ) off. Big Grin
ok i see .. yes she is right.. i use a cotton swab .. the medical grade..long handle tight weave cotton.. and dip in alcohol and clean under after i file , after doing what sobeit said and using the efile all prior to my sealer.. and i run all up under the tips for cleaning dust and filings.. i use it first to run over the nails to remove dust from cuticles and sidewalls and under. medical supply sells them two indiv packed in a box of 100 packs for like 7 bucks

i use one in prep to dedust the nailbed prior to application and it also serves to dehydrate.. and then after

If this is from filing enhancements the easiest way I know of is to use your e-file with a small rounded bit under their nail. I turn their hand over and clean that up before they wash. Sometimes when they are washing the brush doesn't get it all out.

If you are referring to when doing a manicure, if there is a little fraying on the under edge of the nail I take either my nail clippers or my cuticle nippers and clip that frayed underedge off. I have noticed that at times with only certain clients that happens. Not sure why, but filing it doesn't seem to get rid of it, but clipping it does, very carefully of course.
sobeit
> It's pretty normal to have the enhancement or natural nail shavings up under
> the nail after shaping or shortening them. They are more noticeable after washing
> and that's common. Your not doing anything wrong. I just use my efile just
> under the free edge of the enhancements to clean that off, or I use my pusher
> to clean under the nail and I take my buffer and gently flick upward to get
> the shavings ( frilly edges ) off. D

hi thanks for that i realise i am not the only one that happens to, but i did think i was doing the fileling a tad wrong cause it happend a lot cheers though great help D