BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Light elegance problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used light elegance & had lifting problems? I love the gel & the company & when I first started using it I had to get use to it, now that I have...I still get lifting, on myself really bad, I redo my own nails over & over back to back! Clients are happy until around the 2nd or 3rd fill in, then they start liftingSad I can peel them off of myself. I use all the gels in their line & I have new bulbs & their lamp, I prep correctly, removing cuticle ect. I've not had this with other gel systems (after I got the hang of it) & I'm doing more repairs than ever! Any advice or has anyone else experienced this with light elegance? Thanks Smile
Hi Cindee. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with the gels, I know how frustrating it can be, so we'll figure it out. Smile
My first question would be: Where is the lifting starting?
I would think that if it were at the cuticle or sidewalls, it's prep or the product too close/touching eponychium and/or sidewalls.
If it's the stress area (pocket lifting), it would be either that there is not enough product in that area or it needs more of a c-curve OR that the client is 'using the nails' and putting too much pressure on them, causing them to flex upward and creating an air pocket.
If it's more at the free edge, they NEED to use cuticle oil Daily.

You said you are using all of the gels, are you cleansing the nail plate Before you prep and are you using Airbond? That is my Go-to for preparing the nail surface.
Hi Darcy,
the lifting starts at the cuticle or sidewalls, but it seems that le gels are kind of picky so i make sure that i prep good. i don't use airbond or le bonder, cannot get the gels to stick at all with it, i use yn's protein bond.
i can literally peel the nails off, even if they are thick & thin, I keep trying but still have problems, then i see your nails last for weeks! i don't have this with any other gel, scuplted a nail on myself last night with a different brand, tried to pick it off, i just cant get any adhesion with le gels. wondering if anyone else has had this problemSad
meant that i sculpted a nail with a different brand &tried to pick it off and its stuck! cannot get it to come off, but i can look at the le gels and it comes off lolSmile
You've been very helpful Darcy, ThankYou, even though the other gels work for me I do like the light elegance & I'm trying to give it 110%, bought a lot of product so I want to make it work! Just dont understand what's going on
We'll get it figured out. Smile The pics you sent to me were helpful, sent you an email back.
Have you tried calling or emailing Jim and Lezlie? They are so incredibly helpful and I bet they'll help you troubleshoot.
Hi Michele, yes, I've contacted them & they are very helpful & generousSmile I've been trying to get the hang of it since July, Darcy has helped a lot, I've changed bulbs, bougt their light, everything & still can't get good adhesion with this lineSad
I have been using Light Elegance since July and love, love, love it! I switched all my problem acrylic lifters and they don't lift at all. What I do is properly prep the nail and thoroughly cleanse with either LE cleanser or scrub fresh and then I apply No lift primer allow to dry and then apply LE bonder and cure for 2 minutes and then apply gel. It works every time, my clients can go 3 weeks with no lifting. Try that it might help.
Oh my goodness I forgot about no lift, I use to use that for acrylic & had no lifting problems! Has it worked for a while? More than a month (or 2to3 fill ins) thanks for the suggestionSmile
Great post!
Thank you girls!!.

I just graduated, and I bought LE products and also the starter gel kit at the BEauty show in Columbus, I have done a set using this kit on my sister last week and she lost a thumb nail and has lifting in some fingers so far, but mostly in the middle finger (left side-wall), but this is weird??? , last time i tried another brand of gels with her she had also the mayor lifting problem in the same middle finger! Sad, please somebody with any suggestions?.

I have a couple of questions for Darcy, the white gel that comes with the kit "perfect white gel", I can not find it in the LE product catalog(to check the instruction in how to use it). I notice it's real thin so i just use it very thin, but still can see my nail underneath Sad I even tried to do the technique they were showing at the LE french sculpting tips class, working with the string-tail.:lol:

The other question is the super shine top coat worked great in all the fingers, but the thumbs were dull, I re-buff and applied again, and just one thumb looked good, the other one still looked dull.
I have a brand new 36 uv lamp, and that's what i've used.
Confusedhock: .
Thanks for you reply Smile
I have a client who always loses her middle finger no matter what I use either, I double prime & everything...drives me crazy lol, then at a class I took they asked if any of us had clients that can't keep the middle finger on! So, I knew it wasn't just me, it's probably cuticle or hangnails because when they write it builds up, just clean it up really good, I use a fine sanding band, it does the trick!
Cindee :
> I have a client who always loses her middle finger no matter what I use either,
> I double prime & everything...drives me crazy lol, then at a class I took
> they asked if any of us had clients that can't keep the middle finger on! So,
> I knew it wasn't just me, it's probably cuticle or hangnails because when
> they write it builds up, just clean it up really good, I use a fine sanding
> band, it does the trick!

Thank you so much for replying me Cindee!!, it takes a heavy weight off of my head was driving me crazy too, as I was kind of embarrassed at my self thinking I was doing a really bad prep, my sis is a bank teller and probably uses that middle finger too much lol, and as for the thumb I think I had that one figured out, i went to look for glitter to decorate her french tip, and I've caught her touching her nails with the sticky layer still on it :twisted:.
Glad to hear that I am not the only one dealing with this, I will for sure do the fine sanding band, thank you again!! Big Grin :wink:
Cindee, you are so right! Many of my clients have a callus on their middle finger from writing and it requires a little additional prep work, plus you want to be sure you are leaving a little more of a gap there. Just blend well and they'll never know.
It sounds like you are probably using the perfect white a bit too thin if you can see your nail through it. There are some great videos on the LE website that show....well, everything. Big Grin Sometimes it helps to see it.
The link is in the lower left corner.
http://www.lightelegance.com/

As far as the super shiny goes, sometimes when clients put their hand in the lamp, they kind of tuck their thumbs a bit and it could be that the super shiny did not get a complete cure. If a client does that with each layer, an incomplete cure could be the source of the lifting on thumb too. I have shown my clients how their hand should be placed, to be sure that the entire thumb is getting proper exposure to the light.
When I had the bigger lights, I would use the 'digits' (toe separator thingy's) around their thumbs to lift them a little to make sure that the underside of the thumb was getting adequate light exposure. The LE lights are lower profile, so the lamp is quite a bit closer to the nail, eliminating that problem. Smile
Your very welcomeSmile it was a mystery to me too & I couldn't for the life of me figure it out or prevent it for the longest time!! Big Grin
Darcy :
> Cindee, you are so right! Many of my clients have a callus on their middle
> finger from writing and it requires a little additional prep work, plus you
> want to be sure you are leaving a little more of a gap there. Just blend well
> and they'll never know.
> It sounds like you are probably using the perfect white a bit too thin if you
> can see your nail through it. There are some great videos on the LE website
> that show....well, everything. Big Grin Sometimes it helps to see it.
> The link is in the lower left corner.
> http://www.lightelegance.com/
>
> As far as the super shiny goes, sometimes when clients put their hand in the
> lamp, they kind of tuck their thumbs a bit and it could be that the super shiny
> did not get a complete cure. If a client does that with each layer, an incomplete
> cure could be the source of the lifting on thumb too. I have shown my clients
> how their hand should be placed, to be sure that the entire thumb is getting
> proper exposure to the light.
> When I had the bigger lights, I would use the 'digits' (toe separator thingy's)
> around their thumbs to lift them a little to make sure that the underside of
> the thumb was getting adequate light exposure. The LE lights are lower profile,
> so the lamp is quite a bit closer to the nail, eliminating that problem. Smile

Thank very much for your answers Darcy!! I will do that!.
I am going to watch all the vids Big Grin :wink:
When I use the LE gel, it lifts at the free edge on myself. Any suggestions? Also I've tried to use the Super Shiney over regular polish. But it 'shrinks' around the polish. Any suggestions for that? Or should I just use a regular UV no cleanse top coat?
Thanks in advance!
Quote:vanita :
> When I use the LE gel, it lifts at the free edge on myself. Any suggestions?
> Also I've tried to use the Super Shiney over regular polish. But it 'shrinks'
> around the polish. Any suggestions for that? Or should I just use a regular
> UV no cleanse top coat?
> Thanks in advance!

Hi Vanita, maybe you are not making a good capping at the end?, well that's my opinion,I havent had that problem yet, I am still learning tooBig Grin .
I don't think the super shiney is for use with regular polish, I have tried to use hard uv gel top coat over regular polish and doesn't work! .
Use out the door or seche vite, if you want something that can resist more, at your own risk you can use shellac top coat but let the polish dry very, very well before applying, and again apply very thin, capping the free edge too, I hope this helps, I am not saying this is the correct way, but this is MHO, hope this helps. Also recommend to visit light elegance website they have videos with a lot of info about their products and applications. :wink:
Hi I also recommend protein bonder and here's a little hint-- I was using akentz "affixit" but I started using Nailites ' something wonderful'--- guesz what?? exact same ingredients in both!! and nailites is much cheaper...
I've uses LE gels for years and never hardly had any problems with it. If u feel that strongly about it not adhering--- try Azkenz. ita similiar in xonsistency and woeks wsll. As far as LE white-+ I always use the s ulptimg white and its awesome!! Sorry to hear u r having issues.
Plz forgive the typos I just put a set of nails on myself and I cannot use my keyboard on my phone very well. Smile
oh and PS...super shiny is not for polish. You can most definitely uae Shellacs topcoat ocer polish and it works fabulous!! do make sure its pretty dry-+ but it will be fine!!! Works like a dream!
I've been using the no lift primer very sparingly then 2 coats of bond aid & have had much better luck! No lifting so far! Thanks a bunch for that tipSmile
If your nails are curling from the free edge be sure to use cuticle oil it helps keep the nail hydrated & keeps it from peeling away, or take your efile & clean away the seperated part Smile
Quote:Cindee :
> I've been using the no lift primer very sparingly then 2 coats of bond aid
> & have had much better luck! No lifting so far! Thanks a bunch for that
> tipSmile
> If your nails are curling from the free edge be sure to use cuticle oil it
> helps keep the nail hydrated & keeps it from peeling away, or take your
> efile & clean away the seperated part Smile

Thank you Tracy for the hint! Smile.

Hi Cindee
I have a question for you, are you talking about "bond aid from opi"(ph balancing) to put it on top of the no lift primer??
Omgsh I'm glad you caught that!!! I meant young nails protein bond, not bond aid by opi, so sorry!! Protein bond is awesome! Usually I just use that but with light elegance gels I tried to no lift primer, it's very 'acidy' so I just use a little bit, plus I don't want to wait for it to dry! So..it's one very sparing coat of no lift nail primer & 2 coats of young nails protein bond!!
Quote:Cindee :
> Omgsh I'm glad you caught that!!! I meant young nails protein bond, not bond
> aid by opi, so sorry!! Protein bond is awesome! Usually I just use that but
> with light elegance gels I tried to no lift primer, it's very 'acidy' so I
> just use a little bit, plus I don't want to wait for it to dry! So..it's one
> very sparing coat of no lift nail primer & 2 coats of young nails protein
> bond!!

Lol! no biggie :lol: ,I was digging my opi lol.

Thank you for that tip, I will try that too! :wink: Big Grin
Lol I have the bad habit of calling all cleansers 'scrubfresh' although I don't use cnd & protein bond 'bondaid' guess from using opi for years even though it's been years since I used opi!' Tongue
Pages: 1 2