BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Any word on OPI gel color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This line has been testing my patience and cant wait for it to come out. Peels nor Cosmoprof has a clue about it. I thought for sure it would be out by now, anyone heard??
Last I heard was that the release date was pushed back to January 2012. Sad
I heard the same thing today when I went to Cosmoprof.
I TOLD yall! Lol. Back on July 23rd I posted that an OPI phone rep told me not to expect to see that item on the shelves this year. She said the OPI World News date was a misprint.

*In creepy mystical voice Always Listen to Melissa...
January is the word, but in my CosmoProf ad that I got this week it said a intro kit would be available this October. It's called a "Must Have Starter Deal" in the ad and it said limited quantities would be available mid-October. It includes the LED light, 1 gel color intro kit (looks like 6 colors, and probably a base and top), a poster, and a window poster. Price for the kit is $499.95.
My Victory/Cosmoprof rep said you must purchase the whole OPI gel color kit for the "bargain price" of $500! Open stock single bottles won't be available for sale until January. Really??? Sounds like overstocked LED lights that no one wants or needs since the advertisements on gel color said it cures in UV lamps as well.
Quote:My Victory/Cosmoprof rep said you must purchase the whole OPI gel color kit for the "bargain price" of $500! Open stock single bottles won't be available for sale until January. Really??? Sounds like overstocked LED lights that no one wants or needs since the advertisements on gel color said it cures in UV lamps as well.

Yeah if you want to be the first one to try it you probably do have to buy the whole kit at first. That being said, i think it's always a good idea to have an extra LED light around and I prefer an LED anyway - it's so much faster! I don't see it as a waste.
Anyone know if the new LED is four finger or five?

sobeit

I'm gonna have to wait until open stock season Sad I'm not in the market for their LED. I am holding off until manicuresthatlast puts their LED UV combo light on the shelves.
OPI's LED light is an 18 LED, 5 finger cure lamp that is suposed to be acetone resistant for those of us that have the habit of wiping everything down with acetone. It also has a removable tray for pedi curing.
Just pre-ordered mine. The whole things....whew $$$. But very excited. Should be here by the end of the month. I hope I experience the flood of new customers that I did with Shellac. I was overwhelmed. And just in time for all of the Holiday nails.
Where did you preorder through??
Beauty System Group in Michigan
I think they are part of Salon Centrix and the old Beaute Craft.